Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot login to hotmail or yahoo

• Please log in to reply

janiced

janiced

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I can login to my hotmail account from my computer just fine, but on my friend's laptop, niether of us can login to hotmail or yahoo. On hotmail, it just keeps looping the login screen. I've tried changing securiity and also deleting all temp internet files and cookies. Any suggestings?

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi janiced and welcome to G2G,

What security is your freind running on her machine?

Most common cause of this issue is a fire wall with the privacy settings set to high. Try disabling the Firewall and see if the problem persists.

If that doesn't work try safe mode with network. Start /Run /open-msconfig. Select the Boot.ini tab. Select Safe Boot then Network. Click OK and restart. Now try to log in to Hotmail.

janiced

janiced

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
McAffee is the firewall, which we turned off. That didn't work. I can log into hotmail in safemode. How do I figure out what to change so that I don't have to be in safemode to use hotmail?

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
That tells you that something is blocking those sites in normal mode. nOw one wierd thing I've noticed about McAfee when this problem happens is that once you boot back into normal mode a lot of the time the problem goes a way. So go to start /run /Open=msconfig. Click normal start up on the General tab and restart. once back in normal mode check to see if the problem is still there.