Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalling XP

• Please log in to reply

T_PAIN

T_PAIN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I tried the windows vista beta, just to see what all the new features was like but then I couldn't play any of my pc games and it became a bit of a problem. So then I wanted to install my windows xp back on my computer. And right before it gets to the Agreement page in the XP setup (Where you agree with F8). I will get the blue screen of death.

Posted Image

that's the exact screen I will get before windows can even get to the agreement in the setup.

1. I tried formating, since windows vista only allows me to format. As well as use killdisk. Both didnt help the problem.

2. I bought a new hard drive and tried to install my windows xp on it, same error happened as well. with the blue screen of death at the same exact place.

So now I'm stuck with this vista beta version and can't get my windows xp back on my computer and I been trying for about two to three days now.

May someone please help me so I can get back to my computer gaming.

Thank you for you generosity,

Troy

heres my pc specs.

http://reviews.cnet.....0.html?tag=sub

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If you've tried a new hard disk, then I would say 99% chance you have bad RAM.

T_PAIN

T_PAIN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just bought the pc last year in October.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There's a RAM checker on the Vista DVD, or you can use this free one: http://www.memtest86.com