Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rebooting Issue

• Please log in to reply

th4i

th4i

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am new to building computers and I recently bought a brand new custom built computer
here are the components

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe WiFi Edition - nForce 590 SLI (Athlon64/X2/FX/Sempron) PCI-E Socket AM2
Seasonic s12 600W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB - SATA 2Gb/s Hard Drive
Antec Lifestyle SOLO case
AMD Anthlon54 X2 5200+ (2.6 GHz) Dual core scoket AM2 processor
LG GSA-h22n 18x DVD writer
EVGA e-Geforce 8800 GTS 640MV PCI-E
OCZ Platinum XTC OCZ2P8001GK 1.0GB PC2-6400 DDR Kit

I had this built at a local computer shop and when I first brought it home it worked for a couple of hours and when I installed some program and was required to restart, I restarted and when it was going to start up it start freezing and my screen became black saying no video signal. I returned it to the shop twice and they said it was software problems but I dont believe it. Any clues what caused this to happen?

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
I'm guessing that you still see the Asus splash screen, and the screen doesn't go black until you hit Windows loading. If that is the case, start up, but start tapping F8 before the Windows loading screen comes up. Choose to enter Safe Mode, and uninstall whatever software it was that you installed before this started happening. If that fails, you probably just need to reinstall Windows.