Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My windows 2000 keeps on rebooting even in safe mode; need helps..

• Please log in to reply

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
now for the hard part
It looks like you have scatted the files so your 1st step is to try the auto repair again.
If it does not work then grab a pen and paper. go to start>search >files and folders.This wii open the search window, Go to tools> folder options>view tab.
Select show hidden files and folders. Untick Hide protected operating system files. Click apply click ok in search for files or folders put in the 1st file on your list. Make sure look in is set to C: click on search now when the file pops up click on it ONCE only it will then show where the file is. Copy the file to the same path on the 80gig.
Is this a graphic card or an onboard graphic card?
I assume the 10gig has the sam drivers up till the point of when you upgraded. If this is true then go into device manager (via right click on my computer) click on + sign next to display adapterclick on the image under that then right click go to propertities > driver tab>driver details write down the path to the drivers. Some will be C:\winnt\system32\drivers
some will be C:\winnt\system32. The aim here is to find the paths of the drivers then we go into the 80gig and remove the new ones. Do you know the date you did this?
If unclear on anything DO NOTHING and come back to me

Advertisements

user109s

user109s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi peterm,

You mentioned to search the files in the bad HDD, I assumed you are mentioned the listed files that couldn't copy to the bad HDD as mentioned on 9th FEB..

The driver now I'm using is a nvidia driver unless I reinstall the Redaon card again. Could I just put in the nvidia .sys and .dll file of the driver in the bad HDD?

user109s

user109s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,

Anyone got any other ideas? :whistling:

Edited by user109s, 15 February 2007 - 11:48 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
copy the winnt\system32 from 10gig to 80gig

user109s

user109s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi peterm,

Could I just copy the i386 instead of the system32? I guess my drive screwed good.... :whistling:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
You can give it a try
All is not lost your data should be fine. do you have the disks for all the programs you have? just in case.
The programs may need to be reloaded but the data should stay as is.