Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads disappear

• Please log in to reply

Deans

Deans

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having trouble with downloads disappearing. I will download and click on run nothing happens. Go to search nothing comes up. I have XP home, with Spy Sweeper and Zone Alarm, also I can't even upgrade
ZA because it disappears also. What is going on? I need some help as this is getting to be a PIA.

Thanks Dean

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Does the "Open Save Run" dialog box appear? Are you prompted for a place to save the download? What are trying to download (which extension- .exe, .doc. mp3?)

ZA disappears? The icon? Or the program stops working? Need some more specifics.
Johanna

Deans

Deans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes the Open Save Run box appears. I can click on any of these and still the download will disappear. I have even tried to save to Documents and still can't find download. ZA is still working but without the latest
update(s).

Deans

Deans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have downloaded and downloaded Hijack This will not come up. NO matter what folder and location I put it. The folder is always empty. I even tried a floppy and burned a CD still nothing. Really need some help on this guys.

Thanks Dean

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hello and welcome, to g's2go.

could be program conflicts (zone alarm) etc try disabling them temporarily but
if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1