Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply

gambino

gambino

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
i recently bought an external dvd re-writer. Every time i try to burn a film to a cd the volume is re-adjusted by a couple of seconds so it spoils the film, i was just wondering if it was a problem with my re-writer so something else. Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This is usually a problem with the software.

Lag is when the audio and video don't match up when you are editing. Which makes it a lot harder to sync the sound with the video.

WOO WHATS THIS!!! THE SOUND DOESN'T MATCH UP WITH THE VIDEO!!!

Ya, the problem is if your working with large files with many tracts you home computer can't handel it all at once so you can get some lag depending on your computer system. The best software that has the least amount of lag is the Sony Vegas 6 software. Yes, it is expensive for the home user. There are people who sell it for decent prices on Ebay but even then it is not cheap.

So how do you fix this with the software you have?

If you keep your files small and do a lot of rendering you should be able to avoid this lag.

What I mean by "do a lot of rendering" is for example, you have a file with many tracts of video or audio, render the clip to create a clip with only one video and audio tract and then add more tracts. This will compress all those tracts into one that will be a lot easier for your computer to handle, and therefor less or no lag. It's the best you can do with the software you have.

SRX660

gambino

gambino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thanks for the advice just one question thou, what do you mean by tracts?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Start reading this website and you will understand.

http://www.mediachan...aphics_for_.htm

The first large picture shows 12 video tracks and 2 audio tracks for a very short part of a video.

SRX660