Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Onboard Audio

• Please log in to reply

tabris

tabris

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a GA-M61PM-S2 Gigabyte nforce 430 board using onboard audio. It is the realtek hd audio output, and Im going to get a audigy 4 soon, but I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem.

When I plug my headphones into the onboard sound either from the front port or the back port directly in the mobo I hear a scraty low low low volume noise when as i move the mouse, and it stops when i stop moving it, but if i open a program or app like a web browser it sounds like I can hear it loading through the headphones. i even took them off and listened to my computer and i dont hear it, only through the headphones. I have no idea what could cause this any ideas?

Advertisements

tabris

tabris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is it possible that my usb mouse is using the same irq as my onboard sound? Anyone?

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
It's possible, but unlikely. Start -> Run, devmgmt.msc, View menu, Resources by Type, click + next to Interrupt Request. Is that just a standard USB mouse?

tabris

tabris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well I got a audigy se sound card to fix this issue and it does, but now my bass and treble is grayed out (locked) and I cant figure out how to adjust, i installed all drivers, and bass and treble is locked in windows and in the playcenter software for my audigy....