Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant open Display icon in C. Panel

• Please log in to reply

bckrb53

bckrb53

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I get the following message in a RUNDLL meassage window when I attempt to open the display icon in the control panel to adjust screensaver, desktop and screen resolution settings An exception occurred while trying to run *C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll, Control_Rundll*c:\windows\system32\desl.cpl*, Display* Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Same dialog box is available from desktop right click>Properties. Does it work from there?

bckrb53

bckrb53

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I get an error message called Run a dll as an app-run a dll as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close

Edited by bckrb53, 28 January 2007 - 02:11 PM.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
What were recent changes to system? Any graphic/photo type apps? New screensavers, etc?

bckrb53

bckrb53

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Its been a few weeks since its initial failure so I cant remember any changes at that time--I m doing a complete re-install today so hopefully that will correct it. Thank you for your attention on this, Doc.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Reinstall usually works. Don't forget to format.

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
what about a system restore?...would that work?