God only knows how I got GAIN adware in my computer, so I attempted to remove the software by following instructions from an online website. Everything went to the toilette when I screwed with regedit. Here are the events as it happend:
- Deleted items from regedit
- Windows 2000 wouldn't boot up properly, I had a blank desktop with only the cursor.
- Attempted to use Windows 2000 boot disks...no change
- Atempted to use Chkreg.exe (from microsoft website) and following instructions to a tee....no change.
- Installed the latest Windows 2000 release...GOT WORSE
- The computer would crash before it even entered windows. Got a blue screen telling me something is wrong.
- I removed the hard drive and installed it on another computer as a slave
- I'm able to see the files
I basically need my e-mails, is there a way to get them out? or is there a way to repair the booting proceedure of this hard drive. What ever is easier.