Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bittorrent Problems on new PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Peace Frog

Peace Frog

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I've just upgraded from a Windows 98 2gb harddrive to a IBM Windows XP 40gb harddrive.

I've had very few problems so far and as you can imagine, it's quite a relief to have more space than 2gb.

But ever since my upgrade, I've had terrible trouble with bittorrent. In fact, it actually worked better on my old PC which is saying something.

I've tried every various bittorrent programs and every single one slows down my internet connection to dial up speeds. On my old PC I was getting speed of up to 160kb/ps yet on this one it struggles to go above 24kb and even downloading at such a slow speed, the rest of my computer is barely functional as it slows down the whole computer and my internet connection.

I've really tried to sort this out myself. I've tried shareaza, bitcomet, azureus, flashget and normal bittorrent but the same thing happens with every one. I've configured my port/firewall settings on each one but nothing has worked yet.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Edited by Peace Frog, 28 January 2007 - 05:56 PM.

Advertisements

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey man, sorry to bust your bubble but this thread is probubly going to be locked because us here at Geeks to Go dont support that....That's illegal!! lol...But yea, no one is going to help you with that stuff....Sorry to break the news

Peace Frog

Peace Frog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh god, I'm actually against illegal downloading too. I just download concerts and stuff from dimeadozen.com which as far as I know is pretty much totally legal. I don't download movies or anything.

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Sorry...But not to be acting rude or anything but if your looking for help with downloading info through a bittorent, your looking in the wrong place. People here wont help you. Sorry

Peace Frog

Peace Frog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No worries mate. Not looking to step on any toes or anything.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Even though it wasn't put very well, millerman is correct. Even though the Bittorrent can be used for legal purposes, we have elected to not provide ANY help with any p2p type programs here on this site. We have no way of knowing who is using them for legal purposes, and who is not. Therefore, it's just better for us to not step in at all on these issues.

Thanks for understanding. :whistling: