Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2003 disk management shows wrong partition size

• Please log in to reply

Mark9

Mark9

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Disk_Management.jpg I recently installed Windows 2003 Enterprise R2 on an new Dell Power Edg 800. It has 2, 75 Gig drives

and I configured them through the Dell Operating Setup Disk as Raid 0. On boot up the array is displayed

correctly in the BIOS as 1 virtual disk that is 147 gigs. When in Windows Disk Management I see at the

bottom that drive C: is indeed the correct size. The problem is that in the top window it shows the C:

drive as 4 Gigs and almost full. I even tried the old registry trick wor Windows 2000 by adding the

registry key "EnableLargeLBA" but that didn't help. This is a brand new server so I'm pretty sure I'm

using the latest firmware that came with it, and it seems that the BIOS sees it correctly anyway. Even

Disk Management in Windows shows it correctly in the bottom window. I can't find anything on why Windows

thinks the drive is only 4 gigs.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements