Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word Perfect 10

• Please log in to reply

Atkinskid

Atkinskid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I am new here and searched for answers on the web and still have not come up with a solution. I am coming here with the hopes of a permanent fix. I have Windows XP with WordPerfect 10 and I am having problems printing from WordPerfect Only. It was fine a few weeks ago and now the program freezes every time I try to print. I can print from any other program this is a problem with just WordPerfect. I have found some answers in an archived page on the web and have downloaded service pack 3 and 4 along with hot patch 4 and the printer driver update as they mentioned. This archive information was from 2003 and 2004 and the downloads have not fixed the problem unless I did not do all that I needed to do after downloading. OH and yes I have also rebooted since the downloads. I have not found any more recent help online for this printing issue and I am hoping someone here can advise me as where I can go or what I can do to fix this issue. Thanks in advance for any and all advise and information. AJ

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

What else happened with your system just before WordPerfect started having issues? DId you install anything new or install updates for anything?

Check the Event Viewer for Warnings or Errors that occur at the same time you try to print in WP. To get to the Event Viewer, click Start, Control Panel, Administrative Services. On the left side of the screen are three categories: Application, Security, and System. Check under Application and System for any events that are listed as Warnings or Errors, that also have a date and time that correspond to the error.

Try disabling your Antivirus and Firewall and before trying to print.

Boot into Safe Mode and try printing. This will tell us if there's a software conflict. While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system spash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.). This will result in a text based menu. Use the curors/arrorw keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

You could try uninstalling WordPerfect completely, then reinstalling it plus all the updates.

Or you could try a System Restore to day prior to the problem appearing. A System Restore does not affect data or files. Here's some additional information on System Restore.

Please post the results.

anita26

anita26

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I also have windows XP and can no longer print from Word Perfect 10. Hope some has a fix. I've called HP and paid for a fix which they walked me through and it helped for a short while and now we are right back where we started with no printing. :)