Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6.00

• Please log in to reply

notsosmart1

notsosmart1

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I will be traveling out of country and would like to notify any senders that I shall respond to their emails upon return. My "online status" in tools is grayed out. I set "messenger to "automatic" under services. Outlook Express prompted to activate my ".net Passport account" to make things work. How do I do that, and is that the only thing I need to do? Thank you kindly. ss

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.cyberwalk...b01/080201.html
might want to give that a read

what kind of email do you have? i.E. is it with your ISP (like a comcast email address) or are you using hotmail etc...?

notsosmart1

notsosmart1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thank you for the response. My ISP provider is Time Warner's Road Runner - a cable connection using a Router for my wireless laptop. I use XP professional. I will open your link. Thanks, ss

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should be able to use the steps above...as it pretty much requires you to just have your PC at home on and connected to the internet and logged in to outlook express while you're gone...basically just replies to each email that comes into your inbox while outlook is open