Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Symantec Liveupdate....

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi folks

Using Comodo Firewall I noticed the following under "Connections"

Application: LuComServer_3_0.EXE
Destination: 193.120.127.151
PORT: 80-1332
Protocol: TCP In/Out
Traffic: 689kb(and it was increasing..)

Details: Security Risk:Unknown
Path C:\Program Files\Symanted\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_0.EXE
Description: Liveupdate Engine COM Module

The thing is I dont have Norton installed! I got a 3 month version of its Internet Security with the laptop but have since uninstalled it! or have I??!!

Part 2 of my question is general, re Comodo

It keeps giving me warnings about everything trying to connect to the internet, Firefox in particular. Now i presume i should "allow" and get it to remember, but the thin is sometimes it says they may be attemptin a hijack! this is scary, as I really dont know what is safe and what is not! What is one supposed to do? beginning to wonder if I'd be better off without a firewall....

thanks

h

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
LiveUpdate is bundled with all Norton utilities, not just Norton Antivirus/Internet Security. Therefore if you have programs such as Ghost, pcAnywhere, Systemworks or Goback, Live Update is bundled with them all.