Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

program removal

• Please log in to reply

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hello...

I'm getting thoroughtly disgusted today. Awhile back, my son installed a Roxio program. I didn't need it and didn't want it. So I tried to uninstall it. Well, it never went away and as long as it didn't real it's ugly head I ignored it. It's back and I flat out cannot get rid of it. I've been to add/remove programs and it just won't go away. I also went to the Roxio website and got directed to a link for downloading the 'windows installer cleanup utility package'. Did that. Can't find it anywhere in my computer, except in add/remove programs and you can't work it from there. I even did the internal search and my little doggie couldn't find it. I have since started a web ticket with Roxio, but in the mean time, I thought maybe someone here just might have a suggestion. I've cleaned out all the adware and checked for viruses, etc. Other that my McAfee eating alot of my space, my computer is working fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Betsy

Advertisements

Sp3ke

Sp3ke

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi there Goofy!

Try downloading http://www.scanwith....hp?d=1523&s=746 It's a long time since i have used but i'm sure it works. Simply download it, right click > Unlocker > And then unlock all the files listed.

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I was just gonna update this thread. The Roxio people told me to use something called RoxioZap. I did and it seemed to do the trick. Time will tell.

Thank you for the link. I'll make note of it for future reference.

Betsy (aka - goofygrmom)