Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im buying a new pc, tips?

• Please log in to reply

Death Prevails

Death Prevails

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't know what to look for when to buy a PC, i really don't know much.. but I was wondering if someone could help me look for one? I'm going to host a server, but this PC currently is unable to do it, and also I want to play games with good graphics (mmorpgs) but I have a limit of around 1000 USD.

If anyone could post ANY help it appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well to keep you around $1000.....

Definately-----
1)PCI Express Motherboard
2)PCI Express Video Card DDR3
3)2(250GB) Harddrives
4)600Watt or Higher PSU
5)Intel Core 2 Duo
6)DDR2 Ram

As long as you stay around those realms you should be able to build a computer that will stay current with technology for a few years. Just search around google for how to build a computer and happy hunting.

Death Prevails

Death Prevails

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well I seriously just wanted to put a premade one, Isn't there one like that around the web somewhere?

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

well I seriously just wanted to put a premade one, Isn't there one like that around the web somewhere?

I have used CyberPower computers before, and they are built very well and the support is pretty good, and they offer some PC's with those specs around your budget.

Death Prevails

Death Prevails

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
http://www.cyberpowe...libasic.asp?v=d I was thinking that would be a good one, comments on this?

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Looks good, my Laptop is CyberPower - it's brilliant.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I have used CyberPower computers before, and they are built very well and the support is pretty good, and they offer some PC's with those specs around your budget.

Well it depends what video card, memory and powersupply you chose with it aswell.. When you post the link from cyberpower it resets everything to default selections. I have been their / recommended them before and noticed that.

You should choose a better video card than the 7300le if you are wanting to do any medium or high end gaming. If this pc was just a standalone server ONLY then that video card would be fine.

7600gt is recommended and is the slowest card I would personally get. Its a pretty fast card and it can play all the new games at medium / higher settings except a few of the new games.

The basic powersupply isnt enough either unless you stick with the 7300le video card it would be okay but still you need to pick a higher quality power supply than that and with more watts.

You need more than 512MB of ram aswell so if you picked 1gb of ram that would be okay but if you are wanting to run HIGH end graphics in the latest games with smooth as glass gameplay you will need 2gb of ram.