Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP Desktop D2360

• Please log in to reply

Fat man

Fat man

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have XP -fully up to date

I have a HP Printer Deskjet 960c which I used for Photos, also I had a Lexmark z23 which worked together happily.

The Lexmark stopped working so I got a HP D2360 this would not install kept stopping near the end with Access Denied told to remove USB plug and it uninstalled its self, tried this again the same.

Before trying to install D2360 the last time I
1) With Windows add and remove Programs I removed deskjet 960c
2) I run Norton Utilities WinDoctor to clean it up.
3) I run Regedit to see if any bits were left, There were none
4) I tried to delete all files from HP printers still in Program Files, all 960c files left I deleted, but files from D2360 "Digital Imaging and Software update" would not delete.
5) I did a cold reboot
6) I inserted the disc to install D2360
7) when told I inserted the usb plug
8) The Program stopped in the same place

Looked in Program Files and there were files left I tried to delete them they would not delete, files of Deskjet D2360 Digital imaging, Software update, were still there.

I have also tried to delete the D2360 files in safe mode this did not work

I have tried a program called "Unlock" ( which unlocks files locked by other programs) it says the files are not locked by any program, but they will not delete.

Any ideas

Thanks
Fat man

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Heres something i found

Do not buy any of the following models, which are all "Windows-only" printers: HP PSC-1200, 1210, 1315, 1350, 1410, and 1510-series printers, the HP DeskJet F380, 710, 712, 720, 820, 1000, D2330, D2360, 3250, 3320, 3325, 3420, 3520, 3550, 3650, 3740, 3745, 3840, 3843, 3845, 3930, 3940, D4100, D4160 series printers, the HP OfficeJet 4110, 4215, 4315, and 5510, HP PhotoSmart C5180, C6180, C7180, and the original HP PhotoSmart Printer (with no model number). The only practical way to print to them from WPDOS 5.1 is through one this site's methods of printing to any Windows printer (if you are using the standard Ghostscript method, use the "mswinpr2" devicename as described in the instructions). (Note: Some HP documents imply that these printers can used with WPDOS from a Windows DOS box by choosing the original WordPerfect HP LaserJet Series II printer driver, but apparently this is impossible with recent versions of Windows. I strongly urge you not to buy these or any other Windows-only printers.)

heres the web site

http://www.columbia....51printers.html

Fat man

Fat man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you Freshman for your comments, but I have sorted it.

The problem was not the driver but the rubbish programs they push with them

I deleted what I could of the program that did not install properly, run Norton Utilities WinDoctor to clean it up.

I down loaded just the driver from the HP site "HP basic driver for Deskjet D2360 and it installed.

I spent two days trying to sort this, I went on to HP/support and now have a email which went back and forward over that two days which must be over a yard long and got me no where.

It was the rubbish program that they tie up with the diver that caused the problem.

My printer is now working fine.

The answer seem to be leave the free bees that come with our printers on the disc. :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well glad to hear that
little do they know there products get messed up with garbage they send along with it
take care