Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM 6.0 Server Error

• Please log in to reply

beautifuulsoul

beautifuulsoul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ive been using Triton for some times now. But got a server error message. So i downloaded 6.0 & got the same thing. Along with all other AIM. I can use the older version.. but its so outdated, and such a pain. Please help, nobody can find an answer & ive been workin all day. Its not firewall or proxy. I uninstalled & reinstalled all of them over & over. Restarted the computer.. HELP!!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
whats the specific error message?

robertgiordano

robertgiordano

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I have the same problem, when I try to sign on it says server error occured, but I can access the internet and everything else just fine. I tried to get help from aol and they did not help at all because the program is free. Please help Thank You

Rob

robertgiordano

robertgiordano

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I have the same problem, when I try to sign on it says server error occured, but I can access the internet and everything else just fine. I tried to get help from aol and they did not help at all because the program is free. Please help Thank You

Rob

please help i need to use aim for school

robertgiordano

robertgiordano

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Please please help....Sorry to keep posting but i really need help, im good with cars but not with computers..lol

Perfect500

Perfect500

• Pip
  • 2 posts
At the top of the window in red it says "A server error occurred" Im running aim 6.0 on windows vista. I cant figure it out and ive tried everything. Any help please?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can go to aim.com and use aim express for now. They will need to release an updated client that will work on vista. Almost everyone that is reporting the problem (google search today) has vista installed.

Perfect500

Perfect500

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, but it was working on Vista for like 3 days before this i see no reason why it would randomly stop working

robertgiordano

robertgiordano

• Pip
  • 6 posts

you can go to aim.com and use aim express for now. They will need to release an updated client that will work on vista. Almost everyone that is reporting the problem (google search today) has vista installed.

Thank for the reply and the help but im still getting the message. When i try to use aim express i get this

AIM Express Login Failure
An error occurred, please try again.

This is so frustrating

robertgiordano

robertgiordano

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Thank for the reply and the help but im still getting the message. When i try to use aim express i get this

AIM Express Login Failure
An error occurred, please try again.

This is so frustrating

Ok my aim just started working again somehow...Thank you guys and gals for all your help