Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD Monitor

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have a 1 month old LCD monitor that leaves trails behind anything it displays. To paint the picture if you are looking at a webpage that has a blue square on the left hand side, what you will see faintly is a trail of blue starting at the square and fading from right to left.

This happens on almost all colors and all applications.

Is there a common point of failure betweent hardware and software that leads to this?

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
alot of times..."fade ins" "burn ins" or the trails that you describe...are linked to the monitor hardware itself being faulty....like the circuitry that electrifies the liquid crystals themselves...is the monitor under any kind of warranty? i'd see about getting an RMA.....also if you have another LCD monitor...test with it and see if the problem persists...

usually graphic card failures or corruptions result in "crisper" artifacts in the display...and generally are irrespective of color...i.e. you'll see a bunch of multicolor flecks or weird lines or crazy stuff like that....very rarely will there be a shadow image because of the video card

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
I just came across this PC Word article on LCD monitors: http://www.pcworld.c...,1/article.html

Barring any malfunctioning hardware, this might help.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Swapping with another and warranty info is where I am headed.

Thanks for the info