Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wierd graphic problem

• Please log in to reply

LastBullet

LastBullet

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all

Can anyone give me a clue as to what I can do to correct this issue?

Posted Image

It started a few days ago infrequently now its constant. (but it has stated ok from cold once) but all fans are working and the temp is ok

Ive tried reinstalling g card drivers and motherboard drivers and updating them. Taking the g card out and putting it back. Tried it on another monitor.

It was worse than this but ive turned the hardware acc down to 'none' and now its only on the left had side ofthe screen. Cant play any 3D games.

I think it started when I started playing CSS and tried the 'video check' but cant be sure.

Ive had to start in safe mode a few times due to it just showing the dodgy graphic in stripes down all over the screen then turning the monitor off.

Dont really know a lot about PCs so any help would be great

Cheers

LastBullet

G/card PEAK Radeon 9800 Pro
M/Board K8N Neo Platinum
Proc AMD 64 3200+

Hopefully you can see the pic or this post dont make a lot of sense!

Advertisements

LastBullet

LastBullet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:

Ive just checked the post and moved the window to the right hand of the screen and it appeares to be ok!!

It was just a 'print screen' shot

What does that mean? I cant obv. show you what Im seeing other than describing it.

- Blocky graphic stripes down the screen ??

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
perhaps you toasted the graphics card? Does the graphics card have a set up cd you can use to check it out? If you go to your monitor screen and right click select properties, does it appear to be properly set up? I see you tried another monitor and it was worse. Don't suppose you have another graphics card you can try....

Is this Invidia or ATI? Did you use a driver cleaner like Driver Cleaner Pro? I had an intermittent crash problem, video driver related per my event log. I followed procedure I found in another forum to uninstall the graphics driver via ad/remove programs, then boot into save mode and clean using Driver Cleaner Pro (run it twice). I then rebooted and installed the updated driver. Go here for additional help

http://forums.pcper....isplay.php?f=33

LastBullet

LastBullet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks very much for the info.

It was my graphics card, so I took it to the menders :tazz: Luckily the card was still under warrenty so got it replaced foc.

They blamed my 300w power supply so now ive got a 650w power.

btw I originally had a PEAK ATi 9800 Pro 128MB card and they have replaced it with a SAPPHIRE ATi 9800SE 128MB. Is that a fair swap? My card was only 4 months old.

Cheers