Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network settings keep resetting

• Please log in to reply

ohhbob

ohhbob

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Don't know what the problem is but I hope it's a simple check box fix.

I have an XPhome, XPpro & W2K networked together. The XPpro restricts access to the other 2 boxes to view files in the shared Doc's folder although it can see the other two, so the network works.
But the biggest problem is internet access through the router to the DSL modum. The XPpro isn't letting anything in or out. Seems like some firewall or trust issue. I tried turning off the firewall and still no luck.

Everything was working initially, but after some time ( hours ) somehow it resets and locks everything out. I can do a system restore to a time when it worked, but after a couple hours same thing. I run the network wizard but that doesn't work. I have it set at " ...each computer on the network connects through a router"

Thanx for the help...

Advertisements