Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing test page but nothing else

• Please log in to reply

wayne christian

wayne christian

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I reinstalled the printer twice, each time it printed a test page, but when I try to print from "Word", or "Adobe" programs the jobs just sit there in que. But nothing else is going on, I restarted twice, updated the drivers, Also there is a job I cancelled back on Jan. 21st that is still in que, how can I get rid of it, could this be my problem? I am at a loss for words. Thanks for your time.
Wayne.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
To confirm, the other print jobs from Word, etc., stack up behind the old job, but test pages print okay.

To clear the queue, if you can't delete the document from the printer dialog box, try pressing the Cancel button on the front of the unit (per the User Manual from the link below). Once the old job is cleared, the other jobs should be okay.

Here's a link to the HP Deskjet 9300: http://h10061.www1.h...?...&submit.y=0

wayne christian

wayne christian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I reinstalled the printer twice, each time it printed a test page. However I cannot get it to print from Word or Adobe. There is a job that has been in que since Jan 21st, I was wondering how to delete it, as the controls just say "cancel;" which I have done, but the job is still there. I removed the USB plug, and used a different USB port, but that did not work either. I also updated the drivers. I am now stuck S,O,S, (stuck on stupid)...
Thanks for our time.
Wayne

wayne christian

wayne christian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thank you I will try that link and see what I can come up with.

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi wayne christian,

Please do not double post with your issues.

Thanks,

:whistling:

Excal

wayne christian

wayne christian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Oakie Doakie Artichoakie
Sorry, will not happen again.
Wayne

wayne christian

wayne christian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Well I tried that link but to no avail. I uninstalled (as HP suggested), and reinstalled, but still having the problem, guess it's time to spend another 30 bucks, and get a new one.
Thank you guys for the help.
Wayne

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Did you get that old job out of the queue?