Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD copied on lg dvd recorder from vcr tape will not play

• Please log in to reply

lostintech

lostintech

• Pip
  • 2 posts
copied a vcr tape to dvd on the lg dvd recorder it will not play anywhere else-on computer , another dvd player etc...help...what did i do wrong?
ws

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
what did you save the file as? If your DVD player does not recognise the file you cannot play it. You may need to save it as a file that your DVD player accepts, or get software that will encode the video to DVD format.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Sarahw, if it's a standalone DVD recorder, it automatically records in DVD-video format. You only need to consider what format to save it in if it's a PC DVD-writer, which I don't think it is in this case.

Lostintech, if it plays on the recorder but not on a standalone DVD-player, it probably needs 'finalising' on the recorder. Put it back in the recorder and see if the recorder menu system has an option to 'Finalise' so it can be played on another machine.

If you finalise it but still doesn't play on a dvd-player, it will be because that player cannot read DVD-R or DVD-RW discs, but it might read DVD+R/RW discs (or vice versa). So try recording on the other type.

Your PC will not play DVD-video discs unless there is a DVD-video plugin installed for WMP, or a software DVD player like WinDVD. WMP cannot play DVD-video by default. You have to install a plug-in.

Edited by pip22, 31 January 2007 - 01:35 AM.

lostintech

lostintech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you...now that i figured out how to finalize it it works!!!!
thankyou thankyou thankyou!!
(guess i should have read the entire manual from cover to cover in the first place) :whistling: