Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bookmark/Favourites Site Import, Export & Arrange

• Please log in to reply

g4fne

g4fne

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Everyone.

I want to use a web based Favourites or bookmark site that will easily allow the importing & exporting in & out of IE7 & will allow the re-arranging of folders

I have just started to use google toolbar & imported all my favourites from IE to Google Bookmarks.
a) so i can access from another machine
b) gives a permanent record if my machine should crash.

I have 3 questions

1) Once imported into Google Bookmarks i want to tody them up by creating a folder & moving some into the new folder ... Can this be done ??

2) How do i export from Google Bookmarks back to IE favourites ?

Is there a better web based bookmark/favourites site that is easier to use ??

Any advice would be appreciated

Many Thanks
Paul

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't see the need for using a separate service for your bookmarks. You can do all that with IE7 on it's own. And IE7 already has it's own search-bar built in which uses Google by default but can easily be made to use a different search-engine if required. It doesn't need the Google Toolbar at all. And if you click on 'Favourites->Organise Favourites' you can create new folders, separate your existing favourites into those new folders, and delete folders you no longer need. They can be "tidied up" till your hearts content without a Google in sight. Why complicate things?

You can then export your favourites from IE7 and save as an HTM file (a web page in essence) as a backup and store it in 'My Documents' or on a flash drive for portability. You can import that file into a web-browser on a different machine, or simply open the file as a web page and click on your favourites which are represented as hyperlinks. To Import or Export favourites in IE, click on 'File->Import and Export' in the menu bar.

Edited by pip22, 31 January 2007 - 09:09 AM.

g4fne

g4fne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok ... thanks for your feedback on this