Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Xbox 360 won't recognize my PC

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have my PC and xbox 360 connected to my apartment's highspeed router through a DLink switch. Both of the devices can access the internet, they just can't see eachother. I have DHCP enabled on the router and both of them have obtained proper IP addresses. I have installed WMP11 and TVersity, but when I start up my xbox to locate media on my computer, it says it cannot locate a computer. I was under the impression that WMP11 would allow for sharing of media with a 360. One thing though, I noticed in the walkthrough's that in order to enable sharing of media on my PC, i have to open up WMP11, click on Library, and then Media Sharing... But there is no "media sharing" option under Library. Weird...Any advice would be super. THanks.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
IP address of the xbox may not be sufficient. Try entering it's subnet mask also. You can obtain that from the xbox menu system. Then type it under the IP address on the PC.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In case someone runs across this old post, refer to this post:

...hope that helps.

Edited by steel1943, 08 February 2010 - 10:22 PM.