Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer wont boot

• Please log in to reply

tankertons20

tankertons20

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Okay my son's computer starting freezing up a couple days ago. We found the fan on the heat sink wasn't working. We plugged it into another spot and got it working, but computer won't boot. We replaced the power supply and tried a new video card but nothing. When we turn it on the lights come on but no beep. The keyboard lights up quickly but then it doesn't light up again when you press caps lock or num lock. The monitor light blinks like the computer is in stand by. The screen is blank. I don't know how to troubleshoot if it's the motherboard or the cpu? Someone told me to try to restore default motherboard settings with jumpers or switches. I have no idea of what that is or how to do that. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
can you post your PC model and make, if motherboard model and make are available then please post those also.

-OCM770-

tankertons20

tankertons20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
im not sure what the exact make of the pc is. but the case is tall and has the initials RGT on it. it has aan ati rage 128, soundblaster audio, 3com nic card. it has a cd rom, floppy, 30 GB hard drive.and an atx 300 w power supply. MSI motherboard with K7T Turbo Ver.3 on it

Edited by tankertons20, 30 January 2007 - 08:20 PM.