Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trashed Permissions

• Please log in to reply

Blade131

Blade131

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, SOMEHOW my permissions on one of my drives have gone awry. I have 2 HD's and one is split in 2 partitions. I cannot access files in my "G" drive. I am the admin and all other users have been deleted. I am running WinXP with all latest updates. I have tried to reset permissions to no avail. I did a system restore back to Jan 1 and a few files were "released" but most are not. They are mainly Music and Picture files. Obviously I would love to fix the problem, but I would be happy to move them to another drive, but cant figure how to do this. I have tried to do in DOS and using Knoppix. I have even tried to reinstall Windows but get the Blue screen of Death during install. Any help/suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I posted a file that shows my permission screen fyi.

Thanks, Rob

Attached Files

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Blade131...

Have you tried Taking Ownership of the files?

wannabe1