Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sounds Issue

• Please log in to reply

Ocelotz

Ocelotz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So I've recently put effort into getting a brand new computer, and wouldn't you know it something went wrong.

As supposed to, I opened up the fresh new XP (due to a hardware malfunction I had to reformat), and installed the necessary drivers to my Sound Card, my Video, etc. and as I installed the Realtek Ac97 drivers I promptly received the "this has not passed windows logo testing", but continued regardless.

The problem I have is that there is no device being detected. I properly installed the pins on the motherboard, the jacks in the back have no evident physical problems, but there is no device detected. Under the Sounds, Video in the Device Manager it says: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers (the only two that relate directly to my sound issue I am supposing). I have tried the troubleshooting standards, and it says to go to my device, as such, I have none to go to.

I have tried persistently to Uninstall and reinstall, but I do not have the option to uninstall. The devices do not have the uninstall button allowed. I've looked all over the google net for problems related to this directly, but no one seems to know the correct answer to my question.

The board is WinFast 761GXK8MB Core Series, and came with the disk with the Audio Drivers upon it.

The error returned from Windows:
C00D11BA: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons: 

Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that might be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again. 
Your sound device requires an updated driver. To determine if an updated driver is available, see the Windows Update Web page at the Microsoft Web site, or see the sound device manufacturer's Web site. 
The selected sound device does not support Secure Audio Path (SAP). If you have multiple sound devices installed on your computer, try using a different one. 
Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation. 
You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again. 
To use a different sound device
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Devices tab. 
Double-click Speakers, and in Audio device to use, click a different device. 
Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000

So I am evidently led to believe that it's in use by something else? I have the updated driver, it's working properly according to the device manager (then again it doesn't detect an actual device), and all the Audio related material given to me is on my computer, but then again maybe the device was carefully let off the disc?

Please! Fix my problem! :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
In my computer i have

Audio codecs
Legasy Audio drivers
Media control devices
Realtek AC'97 Audio
Video codecs

Under the realtek drivers i have the 5.10.0.5630 drivers.

Does your computer have any realtek audio in it. If not then it did not install. I had a heck of a time with this realtek drivers and only installed them to learn the method. Otherwise i would have just installed a SB audigy sound card and been done with it.

SRX660

Ocelotz

Ocelotz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It doesn't have the Realtek device listed.

Is it possible to go around the executable the disc is apparently installing from? Or is the device supposed to be listed with an error of some sort? I've tried installing from the CD multiple times, and the same effect occurs.

Hasn't passed logo testing. I continue anyway. Restart computer. No change.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try this file.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4400.html

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 31 January 2007 - 04:15 PM.