Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Photoshop CS2 woes

• Please log in to reply

ABWH156

ABWH156

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been running Adobe Photoshop CS2 for about 4 months now with no problems. Went to open it today and recieved this error message:

Adobe Photoshop:
Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, this error is unrecoverable.
(QUIT)

I tried reinstalling with the same response. All other Adobe programs I have are still working including Bridge, Imageready, and Reader. Anyone have a clue?

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Well I am no expert, but I learned a long time ago, "Googling" can get you a decent answer, so I tried that, and here's what I came up with:

http://www.adobe.com...x.cfm?id=332539

It's a possible solution, so I would try it :whistling:.

ABWH156

ABWH156

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Error messages just seem to like me, although this is probably the root of the cause. New error message when trying to run services.msc like that website said.

Windows Management Console:

MMC cannot open the file C:\Windows\system32\services.msc

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may be also because you do not have sufficient rights to veiw the file.

How could my services.msc get deleted or corrupted?

ABWH156

ABWH156

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok I got another copy of services.msc off of a friend and eventlog was running anyways, thanks for the try but it didn't work. I am still getting the same error message when opening photoshop.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Some more possible solutions:
http://www.adobe.com...x.cfm?id=333240

ABWH156

ABWH156

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks, I had to take a larger action because this seemed to be windows form of an auto immune disease. It started to delete its own files. I know it sounds like a virus but I had brand new definitions and had scanned several times. Anyways I backed my stuff up real fast and reformatted. Everything is working again but thanks for the ideas!

Edited by ABWH156, 01 February 2007 - 02:34 PM.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
It could still very well be a virus, there really isn't an anti-virus scanner that can detect all viruses.

Here are some free online virus scanners I recommend:

BitDefender
F-SECURE
Housecall Trend Micro

I am no expert in Malware, but these free online scanner's have always helped myself :whistling:.

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 01 February 2007 - 05:21 PM.

ABWH156

ABWH156

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the suggestion in the future I will be sure to utilize them!

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Your welcome, come back if you need anymore help, :whistling:.