Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vroom search [Resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rlnsccrref

rlnsccrref

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello Crustyoldbloke,
Thank you again for your assistance. Gonna miss you, but hope I never have to converse with you again. One last, parting question:

With programs like Spybot, assuming I retain my multiple accounts, do I need to install in each user account? I assume, in a different destination folder each time?

Thanks again, my next communication will be in a more fiscal format, sorry about the weak dollar. Jolly good show! - RLNSCCRREF

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello Rod

Thank you.

A multiple identity operating system (XP) has the same system basis for each with changes to the active registry, and a difference in the Documents and Settings for each ID also.

Therefore a programme like HijackThis scans the active registry for each ID, whereas Spybot, just like an antivirus programme, scans the whole of the hard drive. Ergo, there is no need to scan from another ID. The main ID should have Administrator rights, and other users only limited rights. That would be best in the circumstances of multiple ID system in my opinion.

I hope you remain PC trouble free in the future and that you enjoyed your week off work.

bean

bean

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: thanks alot u gus..vroom search and its components are gone!!!!

~BeAn