Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Connection problem

• Please log in to reply

adcat

adcat

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi , not sure if i'm posting on the right forum, but thought this was as good a place to start as anywhere.

For the last 3 days have have not been able to access the internet. My browser is firefox ( although I've tried IE also - with the same result), but everytime I try to load a page I get a "server cant be found " message.

I'm running windows XP.

I've got a Netgear wireless card which is showing that it is receiving an excellent signal. I can access the router (also Netgear) and have contacted my ISP - Orange, who have confiremd there is no fault on the ADSL.

I've tried disabling the windows firewall, but this makes no difference.

I'm having to post this from my work PC as I just have no net access from home. As anyone got any suggestions as to what I can try next?

Advertisements

adcat

adcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi , dont worry. all working again. Settings on the router went haywire. re - configured and I'm back on line

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

glad to see you have it sorted then, if you find you have any further issues, please post back here - http://www.geekstogo.com/

cheers...xxx1