Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suden shut off and closeing of internet e can not defrag

• Please log in to reply

gore1283

gore1283

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hello all :whistling: i am over a friends house and i am the one that helps her with her computer. she is running window xp pro. verizon internet security suite, avg, webroot, window defender. the problems we are having with her computer is one when you close down the e browser it gives a error message saying that the e has incounter a problem and needs to shut down. also when i try to open a new window and then close that one down it close down the hole browser. also i can not defrag her system at all. it stays on analyzing 10% and does not move on no matter how long i leave it running. or a few times during the day the computer just shuts down. does not log off or anything just shuts off like someone unpluged it. i have done disk clean and deleated all the temp files. now she has her computer done up with 2 secprate computers on one harddrive. i have advized her not to do that but she was determend to have separet computer on one. well i have no idea what to do. i did just a few days agoe installed the new e browser for her and the problems have incressed. she is ready the throw her computer away that is why i am the one does what needs to be done to it she can not handle it. i will not be at her coputer all day but i will keep taps on this post and try whatever is suggested tomarrow when i come back over her house. thanks so much for helping me out here in advance. :blink:

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
welcome to geekstogo
please go though the steps mentioned in the below link, the link will then explain what to do after that
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

gore1283

gore1283

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
thank you fleamailman. i have already done half of the steps listed. but when i go over her house tomarrow i will do the rest and then post the log for you. :whistling: oh and avg spybot and verizon say there are no infections or spyware.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
curious, what do you mean by two computers on one harddrive, do you mean two opperating systems(OS) as in dual boot, and if so does she get the same result with boths systems?

gore1283

gore1283

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
um ok i am not an expert but let me explain. i turn on her computer and it gives me 3 choices her computer her boyfriends computer and a guest. yes the problems are happing to all the accounts on the computer. you go to close down one window in e and it closes all the windows saying e has incounter a problme and needs to shut down. i am going to go through all the steps that i have not gone through i will be back soon with a highjack this log. :whistling: