Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Editing from miniDVD Camcorder

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok I have a Hitachi DVD-RAM camcorder. I also have a full version of Ulead VideoStudio 9. I want video taken from the camcorder and then edit it using Ulead VS 9. Im not sure if this will work and how easy it is. I dont know if convertors are needed. I read somewhere that Ulead VS can edit VOB files.

Please Help.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Jiff

Jiff

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi Nikul,

From what I understand Ulead VS is a pretty simple program to use. I haven't had a chance to play with it but I have seen it and it didn't look difficult to use. I think it consists of dragging and dropping; a typical average user video editing program. Here are some tutorials.

I'm not familiar with your camcorder, but to get video onto your computer you may need a firewire. Firewire is a popular method and most recently built camcorders support exporting via firewire.

I hope that this helps somewhat.

Jiff

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
its a DVD camcorder.. so no firewire. I wanted to get the files by putting in the miniDVD.

Jiff

Jiff

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Ok, I have never used a DVD Camcorder so I don't think I will be much help to you. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Yeaa.. No problem.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Load a DVD from the camera, right click the drive, click explore, click edit, click copy to folder, copy to a folder you create, open ULead and see what the options are

You should be able to edit the VOB files to suit

oceanrider

oceanrider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there Nik
I use ulead products with all my art and video work,first remember ulead is a stand alone program,
when you start your ulead under new project, the next step will be where to get pictures or audio ! have your camcord hooked up and say get from camcord. then select the video you wish to use. it should copy it right to ulead,then u may edit or what ever you chose to do
hope this helps
oceanrider

Edited by oceanrider, 13 February 2007 - 03:27 PM.