Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

crazy saving from office - is it network? I dont know!

• Please log in to reply

sarah twp

sarah twp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, please can someone help me??!!

I work for a small charity with pc's networked in eack of their offices. A problem keeps arising when saving office files. Sometimes when you save a word or excel document and go back in to find it, it has disappeared. You then find lots of files with names like 869F8000, 37CD2100, 618A7100 etc. If you're lucky you will find out its the excel spreadsheet you've worked on and you can re-name it back when you open it. Sometimes though it tells you you can't save it and you try to rename it etc etc to no avail. But then when you close it another digit file has appeared in the folder and it a record of the one you opened but couldn't save! Our computer people basically don't know why its doing it and it's corrupting files! Help! The PC's are running with windows XP, and office 2003. Is it an office issues, a server issue, or our anti-virus or something. Its really driving us mad and sometime we lose data. Any ideas anyone, please??!!! I've looked through the internet but I can't find this problem. many thanks!!! Sarah

Advertisements