Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help regarding the removal of WLM's "Sharing Folders"

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi folks. I'm running the latest version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 at the moment and the Sharing Folders feature is becoming more and more annoying.

I've switched off all Sharing Folder options in ALL accounts on this computer but everytime I/others log into their MSN account(s) WLM starts to automatically retrieve its Sharing Folders again which can be accessed through the My Sharing Folders shortcut under My Documents.

To me, Sharing Folders function is really a waste of time/bandwidth and don't serve much purpose. I've googled around but seen nothing practical as to how to totally stop Sharing Folders from functioning - that is to stop it from downloading all the contents for all accounts each time you log into any account.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Thanx
Chinofeliz

Advertisements