Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Tracert not going through

• Please log in to reply

computer nub

computer nub

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok so im not very good at this internet computer stuff. but my cousin had me go to the command promt and do tracert myspace.com
and the first "packet" goes through. then they start to time out until it gets to number 20. so only 1 and 20 are going through and he says thats probably why i lag on Counter Strike and that its a bad thing that those are not showing up. any ideas or what the [bleep] to do? once again im not the most knowledgeable computer guy but anything is helpful :whistling:

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Not being able to "tracert" a site is NOT indicative of a problem as the "tracert" request is blocked easily by a properly configured router.