Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't view "My Pictures"

• Please log in to reply

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Daemon....if you're out there,please help.

Just today I went into "my pictures" folder to show off a pic of my daughter to a friend and when I clicked on the picture,the thumbnail just flashed as if it were trying to open as usual in windows picture fax viewer...but to no avail.

Other folder with pictures in them give me no problems and allow me to view them. It's just the "my pictures" folder that seems to have this problem.

I even went as far as to copy the contents of the entire folder to a new.renamed folder to see if that would clear things up but it did the same thing.

Ray

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
I'm not Daemon, but I can try to help you solve this strange problem (or at least until Daemon gets here :whistling:)

If you right click the picture and select "Open With" -> "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", does that work?

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
No it doesn't. Very strange indeed! All other folders with pics in them work fine but "my pictures" doesn't.
When I try to open it in windows/fax viewer,it says "no preview available"....? If I open it with paint then it works fine.

clueless,
Ray

morena76

morena76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried opening the picture by right clicking it and opening with windows picture and fax viewer and it work.

But it won't open just by clicking on it. Why

THanks in Advance..