Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download problem has me stumped!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nziuser

nziuser

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi

I am currently on a 1.5mb/256k plan.

My normal download speed averages say 140-150 KB/s. About a week ago this speed reduced down to around 40KB/s when I was trying to download one file. However I can now download 4 files at once and they all achieve around 40KB/s, giving me a total of 160KB/s!.

Somehow I have set up my computer to be able to download 4 files at once to use up my normal download speed. Therefore at present I can no longer download one file at my usual maximum speed of 140-150 KB/s.

Please help!! I want my maximum speed back!

I recently tried Bitcomet and EasyNews so I'm not sure if I changed my settings then.

Look forward to any assistance.

Cheers :whistling:

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you ever used winsock

its great for connectivity

if theres nothing wrong with your connection then you dont need it

http://www.itc.virgi...a...7&nav=title

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
That's actually about right. your connection is 1.5 mega bits which is about 0.19 Mega Bytes. At 160KB(Kilo Bytes) your downloading at 1280kb(kilo bits) which is within the engineered range for your service.HTH

nziuser

nziuser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

That's actually about right. your connection is 1.5 mega bits which is about 0.19 Mega Bytes. At 160KB(Kilo Bytes) your downloading at 1280kb(kilo bits) which is within the engineered range for your service.HTH

Yes but I can't download one file at the maximum speed! The fastest speed I can get with one file is only 40kb/s.

nziuser

nziuser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Please can someone help me with this problem.

Thanks

nziuser

nziuser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh this is ridiculous. Surely someone out there can fix this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I recently tried Bitcomet and EasyNews so I'm not sure if I changed my settings then.

Oh this is ridiculous. Surely someone out there can fix this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, no we can not. BitComet and EasyNews are both P2P programs. We do not offer ANY help with these types of programs, including download speed of files you get with them. They are too easily used for illegal purposes. Even though you may be using them for legit reasons....if we give you the answers, then the people using them illegally will have the answers, as well.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. It's not open to debate, and is a rule of this site.