Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Not valid win 32 app

• Please log in to reply

sigfrid

sigfrid

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hello, i hope you can help me, there is this old game called "silver" it is designed to run over win 98 and 95, and i guess there shouln't be much of a trouble to make it run on XP, but it is!!, every time i try to install it on windows xp, it tells me that it is not a valid win 32 aplication, (dunno de exact message, 'cause mi xp is in spanish), i think there must be a way to make it work, i've tried a lot of things, i wouldn't mind to mess a little bit my xp instalation files, well, if someone understands what i mean, n someone could help me, iwould be gratefull, cya.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
post the error in spanish it can be translated

sigfrid

sigfrid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
C:\INTAL@R\Silver\Silver.exe no es una aplicación WIN32 Válida

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
C:\INTAL@R\Silver\Silver.exe is not a Valid application WIN32

thats the translation

Silver.exe

now this maybe some malware

did you download any type of silver program

it maybe in your program files

this to help you understand

thats la traducción Silver.exe ahora esto quizá un cierto malware usted descargó cualquier tipo de programa de plata él quizá en sus archivos del programa

Edited by rushin1nd, 01 February 2007 - 01:21 AM.

sigfrid

sigfrid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
O NO, LOL, silver is an old game, and i have installed it from it's cd, the only problem is that i can't make it run on windows xp

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
oh ok

heres where i got the idea it was malware

http://www.f-secure....cs/silver.shtml

so you want this game to work on xp

let look around and see if i find something

in the mean time hope someone else has solution

THANK YOU.........GRACIAS

what kinda game is it trivia or something else

Edited by rushin1nd, 01 February 2007 - 01:36 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Some of the newer sound cards are too fast for Silver. Might look at these fixes: Index for Silver. If you have a GeForce card, you might try one of those at that link. Possibly you could use a Win95/98 or ME Emulator for the game. Also, try right clicking on silver.exe and choose Settings/Compatibility or it may be under Properties on the right click menu. If so, select the Compatibility tab and choose which program.

Ron

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
There is a fix that will let you run older apps on XP, which is needed when you get that error. Off hand I don't remember what it is, but someone else may. I beleive they have a link to it here.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A lot of the older programs replaced DLL's and other files with new files that had the programming needed to run their programming. When XP was brought out microsoft decided to not let any program alter core files needed to run the system. I have found XP's compatibility mode to be not much help most of the time.

So when you try running the old games on XP you get these errors. There isn't much reward for programmers to go in and reprogram the games to run on XP ( there have been some) so you get stuck with non-working games. Heres a basic link.

http://www.computerh...es/ch000726.htm

That is the reason i have a older computer built on a 1ntel 1 gig cpu and hardware compatible with Win ME. I do run Win ME on the computer to play these old games.

And theres also this.

http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 01 February 2007 - 05:26 PM.