Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Shuts down, looking for help !

• Please log in to reply

Dobryjr

Dobryjr

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok my situation is preatty much horrible. I have a hp pavillion zt1260 it shuts down on me whenever I play a big screen game. (Counter-Strike, Diablo 2, Madden NFL) I scanned my computer with preaty much everything possible, no viruses, spyware, I have a zonealarm firewall. Yet still it shuts down making me really mad when I am in the middle of playing a game. Now I was thinking of reformating my computer, now I do not a have floppy drive, my computer came with no drivers. I was thinking it might be hardware but then again I didn't install anything new. So should I reformat my computer? and get it to work, and hopefully it will work. Now if I got no cd-rom with drivers for my computer what do I do now? :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Go to event viewer and check the logs for any clue as to what the cause is. You could go out to www.hp.com and see if you have current drivers for that sytem. I don't know much about the model number you gave. HP web page says it is a notebook pc and they do have drivers for it. If this is happening only when you run games it could be that this notebook pc just doesn't have enough power supply to run that big screen video game.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Shutdown completely or crash to desktop

Most complete shutdowns are heat related, then power supply, and a smaller percent are everything else.

Open your case, take a small fan and blow some cool air across the motherboard at low speed -- don't want a tornado in your room.

See if that fixes the issue.

Dobryjr

Dobryjr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
its a notebook don't you think it will be hard to open it. Plus I don't want to mess with it and not be able to fix it, I am not such good with the hardware things.