Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with norton 07

• Please log in to reply

TahoesMom

TahoesMom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[size=3][size=4]Hi!
My problems began when I upgraded/renewed my Norton Internet Security. I have run Norton for the past three years with no problem. This time I decided to just do the download (I ususally get the cd). Since then I have found that I cannot open any music that I had previously purchased (ie. msn music, musicmtch) It says "trying to aquire licensing" or "this computer is not authorized to play this selection". Also, when going to sites such as our credit card accounts, I get the message " this computer is not recognized" causing me to have to go thru the whole security validation process. I did add/remove of the Norton product but am still having the problems. I am not completely computer literate, meaning that I understand just enough to be dangerous! LOL! I don't know how to back up or reformat anything. I am using a Dell computer but the extended warrenty ran out last month. (Of course!)
Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been trying to sort this out for over a week.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If your still having the issue I recommend that we uninstall all the Norton software and then run the Norton removal tool.

http://service1.syma...005033108162039

Cameron2010

Cameron2010

I LOVE SPAM

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I would just get rid of Norton and try something else.
I recommend:
-AVG Intenret Security
(www.grisoft.com)
-NOD32
(www.eset.com)

When I try to help friends out using my remote software, Norton always blocks the ports I use,so I cant connect and Norton has all those annoying pop-ups and all that.