Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I blocked myself?

• Please log in to reply

knowslittle

knowslittle

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi,
So much to learn, so little time...

I tried to do an advanced internet options/security thing myself -checked this, checked that ...random, mostly guessing I think...finally, just went back to default settings. I must have clicked on something or ? because when I go to compose in Yahoo and click on insert address, a little red hand pops up and won't let me...also, on other sites with links -same thing....talking to the hand...!! :blink:
So....what do I need to do so I can go to these other sites? Also, is there some place where I can go to see exactly what I want to check or not check in the advanced settings so I don't get messed up? I would like medium high on all three locations but ....? Like the actual dropdown boxes with checks and examples? Like "what do you check to make sure it's all good?"
I just figured out Symantic and Options for Liveupdate....they messed up my dialup - I didn't specifiy "MY ISP" - you are right.....read the manual... :whistling:
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi,

When all else fails try System Restore. Start /Run /open=msconfig. click on launch System Restore and follow the prompts.