Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please i am in desperate need of help!

• Please log in to reply

bknott

bknott

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok, im not a newbie when it comes to computers, BUT i have never done a reinstall. i need to do this and someone told me i need to do a full format, I DONT KNOW HOW!! and then reinstall my os. ok i dont know how to do any of this, i used magic jelly bean to find out the license number for my xp, but how do i reinstall it without an xp disc? dell did not send me an xp disc, does doing a full format make it to where i dont need the disc. someone please let me know the steps, in lamans terms on how to do all this. please!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=101068

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
be careful when doing a reinstall, not every license key works with every XP cd even if they are the same Pro or Home, a lot of makers don't give you a free license with their computer, just their type license that works only with their type cd.

best bet is to contact the maker's site and ask about their computer directly.

Also don't forget that you have other options like system restore and repair with cd. Also the people here can advise you on how to clean up your system and remove old unneeded programs too.