Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can you delete songs off of iTunes but not your iPod?

• Please log in to reply

TKane

TKane

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a problem: :whistling:

Thanks to my laptop and it's small memory (not to mention the fact that I have 8 GB of iTunes songs, etc.) I am running very low on space and the computer is slow because of it.

So my question is, is there a way to delete songs off of iTunes, but when you plug your iPod in, the songs will not be deleted from it? Any help will be great!

TK

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Well, the iPod has its own space, so I mean deleting the songs off your computer shouldn't affect your iPod when connecting it to your computer. It just means you'll have a smaller collection of songs in iTunes then you had before, but your iPod should be fine as long as you don't delete songs that you want on your iPod off of it. I hope I didn't confuse you, and I hope this helps you.

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 01 February 2007 - 07:11 PM.