Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows media player 11 help

• Please log in to reply

BlueStreek

BlueStreek

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello all, I really need help my media player 11 is not playing the sound from this website www.Cjad.com. however if I go to www.themix.com same embeded player it works perfectly please help thanks oh by the way I rolled back the player to ver 9 now I get sound but its sounds like chipmunks and yes I updated my sound driver realtek ac'97 version 3.97. I am stuck and need some help thanks in advance oh And I the problem is in both IE and firefox2.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Works okay for me on that site, I'm using WMP 11 and IE7, so update to IE7 If you haven't already -- that may fix it.

Alternatively you could roll back to WMP 9 which I know you're also having a different problem with, then go here to read the official fix regarding sound too fast like chipmunks:
http://www.microsoft...ce/0067.mspx#EW

If you fix the "chipmunks" problem in WMP 9 and then decide to update WMP again but still find that WMP 11 gives you no sound at all, you could compromise by removing WMP 11 and updating only to WMP 10 instead: http://www.microsoft...10/default.aspx

Edited by pip22, 02 February 2007 - 05:17 AM.

BlueStreek

BlueStreek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks I tried everything you said no change same problem anything else I can do.