Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

many problems after making registry changes

• Please log in to reply

annette s

annette s

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm new to this forum, and not super tech savvy, but I could hold my own. Ok, so this is what has happened in the last 24 hours....I wanted to clean up my desktop, and found out that I could not remove my HP Share-To-Web program. Found out through MS support site that there was a huge problem with this program, and removing it would not be easy. Through much search and many forums, I made some registry changes, updated my InstallShield ikernel update, and eventually removed that program. Yeahh!
Ok, so now I have other issues. My search companion for finding files does not work, my recycle bin desktop icon has disappeared and I cannot put My Documents folder back on desktop either. I also get a runner error when the computer boots up stating "invalid backweb application id 7288971. These are the only problems I know of up to now. Any ideas on how I can get Search Companion back and/or how to be able to get the desktop icon for My Documents back on desktop?? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated

Edited by annette s, 03 February 2007 - 08:10 PM.

Advertisements

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Post your log here http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

annette s

annette s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am not sure what you want me to do, Doire.

annette s

annette s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Doire, duh...you want me to post on the malware forum because of the hijack this log...ok, so how do i change to other forum?

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Doire, duh...you want me to post on the malware forum because of the hijack this log...ok, so how do i change to other forum?

Post your log into the malware forum.

It will only get answered in there. Be patitent as it might take a while...they are so busy in that forum

annette s

annette s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am so sorry, but I can't for the life of me find out on this site how to change my post to a different forum...help please. thanks

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
the same way you posted your highjack log but click on the link below

http://www.geekstogo...a...amp;s=&f=37

click on new topic and put your hijacklog there

do like doire suggested

your are infected with malware and a 3 day wait is not unusual to wait

so dont reply to your own post