Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Problem in Windows Taskbar

• Please log in to reply

Abdulrahman Al-Dowsary

Abdulrahman Al-Dowsary

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi every body,
Recently I encountered a problem with windows Taskbar. This problem related to lines that divides the taskbar. As most of you know if you right-click the Taskbar then uncheck Lock the Taskbar; the divisor lines will appear. On Taskbar there are Start button, Quick Launch bar, all opened Windows, Language bar, and Tray Icons. I think there must be 3 divisor lines to split these taskbar components. But in my Taskbar there are 5 divisor lines. Also when places of these divisor lines changes all opened windows appear twice on Taskbar.

I hope if somebody can help me to solve this problem, because the only solution that work with me is Restore the System.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Go here and download #240 on the list. Save the file somewhere where you know it is( i like the C/windows folder), then double click on the vbs file. It should fix your problem.

http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 02 February 2007 - 08:26 PM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, sorry but where is the link "here" please, nothing linking on above post?

Edited by fleamailman, 02 February 2007 - 08:22 PM.