Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Over-heating problem!

• Please log in to reply

matti-san

matti-san

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,
my system is one those VIA mini-ITX M9000 inside the Casetronics cases, hardly larger than a thick book. It is cool to touch all around even if Everest is ready to call the fire brigade for stand-by!

CPU Type VIA C3
CPU Clock 932.81 MHz
CPU FSB 133.26 MHz
Memory Bus 99.94 MHz
DIMM1 512 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM

Sensor Properties:
Tsystem 103 °C (217 °F)
Tcpu 30 °C (86 °F)
Taux 16 °C (61 °F)
Fcpu 6425 RPM
Fcase 6242 RPM
Vcore 1.35 V
Vio 3.17 V

I would love to know where the Tsystem temperature is taken from? I can honestly not find a warm spot anywhere on the case which is only 2 inches
high. Should I start panicking now? Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have Everest and from Computer then Sensor there is nothing for Tsystem

morose

morose

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
that is something taken from the summary i believe

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

I take it this is a laptop and I don't know much about them but in a desktop the system temp listed is usually a mobo temp and the sensor for it is of course on the board.

These sensors are notorious for reading wrong usually high, if the system is stable and the cpu temp stays as it reads in your post I would not woory about it.

motherboard manufactuers sometimes have bios updates to fix these readings but it ain't worth the risk.

Rick

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I can almost certainly say it's a sensor or sotware issue. Anything over 70C will damage a chip, over 100C -- it's toast.

matti-san

matti-san

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you all for your calming words. On further examination, the reading is the same immediately after power on and remains the same even during heavy load when the case does get warm from the dvd drive. So I will push it off my mind as one of those life's inexplicable items an report it back to Everest.
Thanks again.