Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs and Icons

• Please log in to reply

lokipi

lokipi

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Every time I start my computer, my taskbar takes a huge time to load and not all my programs appear next to the clock. The icons are not there and when I check the "hide items" they don't appear. I am using an administrator accound and I do have a password before I log in. I don't have any viruses or malware. What is causing for my icons to not appear. Also, my volume icon is not there. What could it be? What I do is that I have to end the program on task manager and then restart it for the icon to appear or else it's not there.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
See if this is of any help:

http://www.the-pc-gu...g_from_task.php

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

Open Control Panel and double-click on the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon. Under the "Sounds" tab, select "Windows default" in the Sounds Scheme drop down menu. Under the "Audio" tab, make sure that your Sound device is listed in the top two sections...if not, select it from the drop down menu. Under the "Voice" tab, make sure the Your Sound device is listed in both boxes...if not, select it. Under the "Volume" tab, put a tick in the box to "Place volume icon in the taskbar". Click "Apply" and then "Ok".

Now look down by the clock...is there a little speaker there? If yes, double-click on it and make sure there is not a tick in the box next to "Mute" and that the Volume sliders are all set to at least halfway.

Reboot

make sure you un-check " hide items " this allows you to see them.

cheers...xxx1

Edited by xxx1, 02 February 2007 - 07:58 PM.