Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mp4 probs

• Please log in to reply

shambah

shambah

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey ppl of he world....this is abit of an out-there question, and im just hoping to get lucky.
I have an mp3/mp4 player like the one in the link below, and it has multi-drive format. One is a normal drive, the other is like a secret compartment which will store files songs etc but will not play them on the player...
Nehu when i first put music on it i accidentally put it on the secret part instead of the normal part, and i filled it up nearly completely. But in doing this i now only have something like 20 meg of room on which i can actually play music on. I was wondering if anyone knew how i could change the memory sizes of the two drives around. I can uninstall the secret drive, but im not sure if the memory would go with it and i would be left with 20 meg on the whole player.

I know this is abit of an out there question, im just hoping that someone knows what i'm talking about. This probably isn't making alot of sense... Ok probably none, but any help would be appreciated, thanks guys, i don't reli know where else to ask this!! sad.gif

its a cheap nano clone :whistling: , got it from ebay, it looks something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Ok well first of all your link is broken so i have no idea of what the drive is try to find another one migth help

but have you tried formatting the drive which was teh secret drive??? through your computer???

that might help but i would suggst reading teh manual about formatting cause it mgith say not to because you migth loose the whole thing and your player migth not work

troppo

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Indeed...why not just delete the information on the secondary part of the system, that you accidentally filled?

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have deleted all of the info on the secret part/drive of th player, and this caused no success, and i have also formatted it, and this didn't change anything, so i guess I'm trying to ask if i un-install the drive will it take that memory with it or transfer it, cus as far as i can see, his is the only option left, it doesn't say anything about it in the manual, and because its a clone it doesn't have a website for support, nehu pls tell your opinions to me, thanks for trying to help

:whistling:

Ok here is another link, this one shud work fine, i think i figured out the problem with the other one

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well did your player come with a software CD or not???

there might be something on that which can help you but besides formatting i am exhausted for ideas

did you get this from ebay or somewhere else because if it wasnt from ebay i would return it and get a new one

troppo

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yeh i did get it from ebay.... thought i'd be a cheapskate, guess it didn't reli work....

And yes it came with some software, but the seller was from China, so the folders on the CD are in English, but the actual programs they launch are in Chinese.... Well i think it is, anyway all i no is that i can't read it.

And the manual, its about 4 pages long and has nothing to say on the software. It only reli covers basic stuff... So just tell me your opinion on un-installing the secret drive, do u think that it would give me back memory?

I Appreciate you trying to help, i no its not your prob, so thanks again :whistling: